Hey, there! I’m so glad you are here. 🙂
I have been blogging here since January 2012. In the beginning, this was a small blog. I used to be able to individually email wives and mentor them. I loved doing that! But, the blog has been growing like crazy in the past year or so, and now, if I were to email everyone who wants to email me – I would be seriously spending about 12 hours/day just emailing people. Every single day. So, it completely breaks my heart, but I am not able to be available to individually counsel or mentor wives right now via email – and I am not able to make exceptions. Thanks for your patience and understanding. If God opens a door for me to be able to do that, I will definitely do it again. But at this point, I believe His primary ministry calling for me is to focus on the blog and Youtube channel (“April Cassidy”). I pray fervently that God might raise up more godly wife mentors- at least one in every single church around the world. The needs are so very great!
I want very much to try to be available to people who comment on my blog. You are welcome to comment any time. 🙂 I will respond as soon as I can. You may comment here on this post or anywhere you like. I believe you will also find that other wives here will likely also reach out to you when you comment and seek to encourage, bless, pray for, and share what they are learning, as well. We have an amazing community here that is such a blessing.
I don’t have all the answers. I still have thousands of miles on this journey of becoming a godly wife myself. I am still learning every day. My greatest prayer and desire is that God might use me to point women to Christ and His Word and that He might be greatly exalted here.
I can’t wait to see all that God has in store for you as you seek Him with all your heart, as you yield your life fully to Him and as you learn to desire Him far above all else.
Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you will return often. You are always welcome here. 🙂
Much love to you!
I have personally seen God transform, heal and change hundreds of women here – all thanks to Him and His Spirit. Here are the main “secrets” to having a successful journey in becoming a godly woman and wife…
- You must be willing to put in time daily (unless providentially hindered, of course) with God for your own Bible study and fervent prayer, seeking to abide in Christ and to be filled with His Spirit. This is your power source – If you are not plugged in, no human can possibly begin to help you.
- You must be willing to believe that the Bible is the absolute truth of God and His wisdom and that all ungodliness and worldliness has to go and you must be willing to toss out everything you think you know about marriage, being a woman, God and living as Christian and build your life on Christ and His Word (the Bible) alone.
- You must be willing to focus on asking God to change you, not your husband. This is ALL about you and Jesus.
- You must be willing to want to learn to find all of your contentment in Christ alone and to completely submit to Him as LORD of ALL in your life – even if you don’t know how right now, you must be willing to want to do this.
- You must be willing to do the hard, painful work yourself. I can point you to Christ, but I cannot change anyone. I also cannot open anyone’s eyes. Only God can do that. And I cannot do the actual wrestling with God for you. That will be for you and God to hash through together privately. There is a LOT of private wrestling with God and His Word on this journey.
- The focus will be on you, not on your husband. You cannot change your husband. I cannot change your husband. The only person you have any control over is yourself. (Control and Boundaries) Your focus has to be only on your walk with Christ, your sin, your behavior, your obedience to God, your becoming a godly woman by the power of Jesus working in you.
- You must be willing to accept that your husband may not ever change. If you want to do this journey with Jesus – your prayer has got to be “Change me, bless my husband.” There are no guarantees here that your husband will change. But if you are willing to seek God with all your face, I CAN guarantee you that He will radically change YOU! 🙂 And that is the whole point!
- You must be willing to accept biblical truths and be willing to repent of any sin in your own life. If you refuse to repent of sin, you will be stuck. If you hold on to pride, bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness, gossip, lust, greed, idolatry, envy, materialism, worldliness, etc… you cannot have the full power of God’s Spirit flooding your life and you won’t have the power to be the wife God commands you to be. Every trace of sin has to go. Will we stumble? YES. Then we confess our sin to God, repent and ask Him to empower us to live and walk in obedience again.
- There may be times you need to confront your husband about his sin. Here is a post about that.
If you are willing to put Christ first and seek Him with all your heart and you are willing to fully submit to Him and learn from Him – you don’t actually need me! I had no mentor. It was just God, me, the Bible, His Spirit and over 30 godly marriage books in 2 years. But I am honored to be here and look forward to hearing from you any time. 🙂 It is such a joy to me to get to share what God has done in my life and to get to watch Him change many other people and marriages, as well.
He is your Shield and your Very Great Reward. (Genesis 15:1) If you have the willing spirit that I have described above – God will be free to do miracles in your life. It will be up to Him what He decides to do and up to you to decide how much control you are willing to give Him. But I am thrilled to have the privilege and honor of being a part of this journey for many of you.